IBEW Local 1547 Logo Alaska Electrical Trust Funds Alaska Chapter NECA Logo

| Participant EDGE Login  | Forms | Life Events | FAQs | News | Useful Sites | Site Map | Contacts |


701 E. Tudor
Suite 200
Anchorage, AK 99503

 Home  Health & Welfare  Dental  

Dental - Filing a Claim

Assigning Benefits

Many dentists will bill the Plan for you for the services you receive.  This is referred to as "assignment of benefits."  Most dentists will want to see and/or photocopy your insurance card.  (If you need a card, please call the Administrative Office.)  From the insurance card they will obtain the participant's name and employee ID number, and the address for claims to be submitted.   The dentist will usually ask for you to pay the deductible and any non-covered expenses at the time of service.  The dentist will send the bill to the Administrative Office for payment.  When the Administrative  Office pays the provider, you will receive an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) in the mail.  Please review the EOB to ensure that the services you received were properly billed and paid for.


Getting Reimbursed for Dental Bills You Have Paid (Unassigned Benefits)

If your dentist does not bill insurance, be sure to get a complete itemized statement that includes:

  • Date of service

  • Dental codes

  • Provider's name and Tax ID number

  • Participant's employee ID number

  • Patient's name and Date of Birth

  • Notation that payment has been received or a receipt

The Plan can not reimburse you from any receipt that does not include this information.  You may submit the bill to the Administrative Office for reimbursement via fax, mail, or in person.  A reimbursement check will be mailed directly to you when the claim is processed.

Filing an Annual Medical/Dental Claim Form for the Patient

For prompt processing of your claim, make sure that the patient has an updated Annual Medical/Dental Claim Form filed with the Administrative Office.  This form must be updated at least once every twelve months or whenever the information changes, such as a change in your spouse's insurance.

Submitting Your Claim

Mail or fax your completed claim form(s) to the Administrative Office as listed below:

Fax:     (907) 278-7576

Mail:    Alaska Electrical Trust Funds

                        Attn:  Dental Claims

                        701 E. Tudor Suite 200

                        Anchorage, AK 99503



More Dental Benefits Information

| H&W | Legal | Pension | Ret Savings Plan | Retiree | For Employers | About |
| Participant EDGE Login | Forms | Life Events | FAQs | Newsletters | Useful Sites | Site Map | Contacts |

2002 Alaska Electrical Trust Funds. All Rights Reserved.