IBEW Local 1547 Logo Alaska Electrical Trust Funds Alaska Chapter NECA Logo

| Participant EDGE Login  | Forms | Life Events | FAQs | News | Useful Sites | Site Map | Contacts |


701 E. Tudor
Suite 200
Anchorage, AK 99503

 Home  Health & Welfare  Retiree H&W

Retiree H&W - Filing a Claim for Benefits

Retirees With Medicare

If you are covered by Medicare it is your primary insurance and will be billed directly by your provider.  Once your provider receives payment from Medicare, they may submit the remainder of the bill, along with an explanation of benefits from Medicare, to the Alaska Electrical Health & Welfare Plan for payment. 

If your provider does not bill secondary insurance, you will need to submit a copy of the Medicare explanation of benefits, along with a copy of the original receipt, to the Trust Offices.  You may submit a copy of your receipt immediately after your doctor's appointment and the Trust Office will hold the claim until you submit the Medicare explanation of benefits.


Assigning Benefits (No Medicare)

Many health care providers will bill the Plan for you for the services you receive.  This is referred to as "assignment of benefits."  Most providers will want to see and/or photocopy your insurance card.  (If you need a card, please call the Trust Offices.)  From the insurance card they will obtain the  participant's name and Employee ID number, and the address for claims to be submitted.   The provider will usually ask for you to pay the deductible and any non-covered expenses at the time of service.  The provider will send the bill to the Trust Office for payment.  When the Trust Office pays the provider, you will receive an Explanation of Benefit (EOB) in the mail.  Please review the EOB to ensure that the services you received were properly billed and paid for.


Getting Reimbursed for Medical Bills You Have Paid (Unassigned Benefits - No Medicare)

If your health care provider does not bill insurance, be sure to get a complete itemized statement that includes:

  • Date of service

  • Medical codes

  • Diagnosis codes

  • Signature of the provider

  • Participant's ID number

  • Participant's name and Date of Birth

  • Notation that payment has been received or a receipt

The Plan can not reimburse you from any receipt that does not include this information.  You may submit the bill to the Trust Offices for reimbursement via fax, mail, or in person.  A reimbursement check will be mailed directly to you when the claim is processed.


Filing an Annual Medical/Dental Claim Form for the Patient

For prompt processing of your claim, make sure that the patient has an updated Annual Medical/Dental Claim Form filed with the Trust Offices.  This form must be updated at least once every twelve months or whenever the information changes, such as a change in your spouse's insurance.


Submitting Your Claim

Mail or fax your completed claim form(s) to the Trust Offices as listed below:

Fax:     (907) 278-7576

Mail:    Alaska Electrical Trust Funds

                        Attn:  Medical

                       701 E. Tudor Suite 200

                        Anchorage, AK 99503



More Retiree H&W Benefits Information

| H&W | Legal | Pension | Ret Savings Plan | Retiree | For Employers | About |
| Participant EDGE Login | Forms | Life Events | FAQs | Newsletters | Useful Sites | Site Map | Contacts |

2002 Alaska Electrical Trust Funds. All Rights Reserved.