IBEW Local 1547 Logo Alaska Electrical Trust Funds Alaska Chapter NECA Logo

| Participant EDGE Login  | Forms | Life Events | FAQs | News | Useful Sites | Site Map | Contacts |


701 E. Tudor
Suite 200
Anchorage, AK 99503

 Home Legal

Legal Filing a Claim

Claims for legal services must submitted within 1 year from the date of service.  If the Plan does not receive a billing within 1 year from the date of service, all of the charges will be denied by the Plan.  See Part I of the General Provisions of the Summary Plan Description for details.

To use the Plan and file your claim:

  1. Check to see if the services you need are covered by the Plan
    Review the
    Summary Plan Description or contact the Administrative Office.  If you are unsure about your eligibility or whether the matter is covered, please call the Administrative Office at (907) 276-1246 and ask to speak with a Legal Representative.
  2. Select an attorney 
    You may use either:
    a.  Participating attorney (from the list of participating Law Firms)
    b.  Non-participating attorney

  3. Arrange an appointment
    Once you select an attorney, call and arrange for an appointment.  Be sure to let them know you are using the Alaska Electrical Legal Plan.  An attorney will need to file an Attorney Intake Form. A participating attorney will have these forms at their office.  If you choose a non-participating attorney, call the Administrative Office before your appointment to request necessary information to be forwarded to your attorney.
  4. Complete a form
    You must fill out a
    Participant's Statement Form and submit it to the Administrative Office.  This form may be downloaded and it is also available at the Administrative Office.


More Legal Information




| H&W | Legal | Pension | Ret Savings Plan | Retiree | For Employers | About |
| Participant EDGE Login | Forms | Life Events | FAQs | Newsletters | Useful Sites | Site Map | Contacts |

2002 Alaska Electrical Trust Funds. All Rights Reserved.