Alaska IBEW local 347 Logo

Alaska Electrical Trust Funds NECA Alaska Chapter logo


| Participant EDGE Login  | Forms | Life Events | FAQs | News | Useful Sites | Site Map | Contacts |


701 E. Tudor
Suite 200
Anchorage, AK 99503



The information contained on this website is intended to be a summary only.
In case of a difference, actual Plan Provisions will apply.
Always refer to your Summary Plan Description for details.




Medicare Requirements

When you are enrolled into the Retiree Health & Welfare Plan and you or your spouse are eligible for Medicare coverage, you must enroll in both Parts A and B of Medicare.

Medicare is health insurance for people age 65 or older, under 65 with certain disabilities, and any age with end-stage renal disease (permanent kidney failure treated with dialysis or a transplant).


Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) helps cover inpatient care in hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, hospice and home health care services. You usually don’t pay a monthly premium for Part A coverage if you or your spouse paid Medicare taxes while working. This is called “premium-free Part A.”
Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) helps cover medically necessary services like doctors’ services, outpatient care, home health services, other medical services and some preventive care. You pay the Part B premium each month.


The Fund will automatically adjust your retiree contribution when the retiree or covered spouse becomes Medicare eligible (currently age 65 for most retirees). If you or your covered spouse becomes eligible for Medicare prior to age 65, please notify the Administrative Office promptly.

If you are eligible for Medicare, your benefits under the Retiree Medical Plan(s) will be processed and paid as though you are enrolled in both Medicare Parts A and B. If you have not enrolled, you could incur significant uncovered out-of-pocket expenses.

If you have questions about your eligibility for Medicare Part A or Part B, or if you want to apply for Medicare, please call Social Security at (800) 772-1213 (toll-free) or (800) 325-0778 (TTY); or visit or call your local Social Security office.




More Retiree Information

| H&W | Legal | Pension | Ret Savings Plan | Retiree | For Employers | About |
| Participant EDGE Login | Forms | Life Events | FAQs | Newsletters | Useful Sites | Site Map | Contacts |

© 2002 Alaska Electrical Trust Funds. All Rights Reserved.