Live Your Best Life
HealthFitness Shows You How
“Well-being,” a term that gets tossed around a lot these days, is simply another way of saying, “feeling good about your life.” This includes having good mental health, high life satisfaction, a sense of purpose, and the ability to handle life’s challenges.
A strong sense of well-being also impacts your physical health. It can reduce your risk of developing chronic illness, improve your immunity, help you sleep better, and allow you to be more active and do the things you enjoy.
So, how do you improve your well-being? Luckily for you, the Fund has partnered with HealthFitness, to help you learn what to do and how to do it.
HealthFitness is confidential, easy to access at your convenience, and offered at no cost to you. There are two main ways to take advantage of HealthFitness.
By learning science-based skills through HealthFitness, you’ll improve your wellbeing within a few weeks… and develop strategies and tools to continue using throughout your life.
Log in today at us.mywell.site/hfit/AlaskaElectrical or call (877) 290-9992. (This benefit is available to participants and dependents 18 years and older. Medicare Prime Retirees are not eligible.)
Try a self-paced digital program.
Choose from a variety of programs that focus on physical well-being. Do the program on your own time, at your own pace, and keep track of your progress online. Have a question? Chat with an expert anytime.
- Nutrition. Learn the basics about healthy eating, including how to cook (even for non-chefs)!
- Movement. Focus on improving strength or protecting your back.
- Sleep. Discover tips to improve the quality of your sleep.
- Stress management. Learn skills to control stress.
- Avoid tobacco use. Find out how you can cut back or quit for good.
Work with a coach one-on-one.
A dedicated coach can help you reach your goals by providing information resources and talking through strategies. You decide how to work with a coach: schedule a live phone call or online visit, talk via messages, or chat in real time. Overall well-being focuses on four key areas:
- Your sense of self. Know your value, strengthen your ability to bounce back from challenges, and learn to take time to recharge your batteries.
- Your support network. Strengthening friendships is proven to improve immunity to illness, help you cope with stress, and increase productivity at work.
- Your money. Get your finances in order: manage your budget, reduce credit balances, plan for the future-and eliminate one of the top sources of stress.
- Your environment. Learn how to modify your surroundings to help you achieve your goals by adding cues to keep you on track.