If you are looking for Health & Welfare reciprocity, visit the Eligibility & Reciprocity page under Health & Welfare or see the H&W Summary Plan Description.

How to Initiate Reciprocity

The first step is to determine if the Trust you are working with participates in reciprocity with the Alaska Electrical Trust Funds (AETF). To do this, you may call their offices or contact the Administrative Office at (800) 478-1246 and ask to speak to a staff member who manages Reciprocity.

If you have confirmed that the Trust has an electrical industry reciprocity agreement with AETF, you will need to register to use the Electronic Reciprocal Transfer System (ERTS).

The ERTS system is an online portal that enables plan participants working in the electrical industry to request the transfer of pension and health & welfare contributions back to their home funds. Once you are enrolled in ERTS you may review signatory trusts, request reciprocity, and release reciprocity with participating funds online.

Note: if you are working in Alaska but from another jurisdiction, you may reciprocate contributions to your home fund.

How to Register for ERTS

Traveling employees must initially register for ERTS in person (with photo identification) at an assisting Labor Union Office or a Fund Office. At that time, you must sign the Participant Verification Page to complete your initial registration and be issued a User ID and password. 

Once you have completed your initial registration, you will receive a User ID and password in the mail at the address you provided when you registered for ERTS. You will then be able to log in to ERTS.

Forms & Documents

Find forms and documents in one convenient document library. Visit the Forms & Documents page to find forms, notices, and up-to-date documents regarding your benefits.

Frequently Asked Questions

You can find answers to the most frequently asked questions on the FAQ page. If you have further questions, please call the Administrative Office at (800) 478-1246 or email us.

Eligibility, benefit, or other questions?

Call (800) 478-1246 or email the Admin Office.