Mental Wellness Matters
You Have Behavioral Health Options
When the challenges of life impact your relationships, work, or wellbeing, your Health Plan provides multiple options for mental wellness care to help you get back to feeling like yourself again. IN-PERSON THERAPY is ideal if you prefer to talk face-to-face.
- Your medical provider is a good place to start if you are struggling with stress, depression, or other challenges. Your provider can rule out any physical causes, prescribe medication, and refer you to a therapist.
- A behavioral health provider can meet with you in-person or online. Your Health Plan covers any qualified provider, but you may save money if you choose an Aetna in-network provider. At aetf.com, click on Medical Benefits, then Using Preferred Providers Outside of Alaska or All of Alaska and select the “Aetna Choice POS II (OpenAccess)” network.
VIRTUAL THERAPY offers the convenience of talking with a licensed therapist from the privacy of your own home.
- Teladoc (NEW!): The Fund has added mental wellness services through Teladoc. There is no cost to you for live video or phone sessions with a licensed therapist or psychiatrist. Schedule an appointment at teladoc.com, download the app, and click on Mental Health or call (800) TELADOC (835-2362). (Not available to Medicare Prime Retirees.)
- Self-guided support through videos, articles, and podcasts can help you learn strategies to stay mentally well. HEALTHFITNESS: Choose a self-paced digital program at no cost to you. Log in at us.mywell.site/hfit/AlaskaElectrical or call (877) 290-9992. (Available to participants 18 years and older. Medicare Prime Retirees are not eligible.)
Teladoc Mental Wellness Services
Did you know that 1 in 5 adults battles mental wellness challenges each year?* If you are suffering, you’re not alone! Now you can get mental wellness care by video or phone, any time from wherever you are, through Teladoc. Teladoc’s licensed therapists and psychiatrists are available to help you with all of your mental wellness challenges, whether big or small, such as:
- Managing your emotions in stressful situations
- Understanding and managing depression
- Handling relationship issues and family problems
- Controlling your anxiety caused by work or personal issues
- Working through past trauma
- Overcoming burnout
There is NO COST to you and your enrolled dependents for mental wellness services through Teladoc. Schedule an appointment at teladoc.com or download the app (scan the QR code), and click on Mental Health or call (800) TELADOC (835-2362). (Not available to Medicare Prime Retirees.)
*Source: Mental Health by the Numbers, NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness